How to Order
Please submit your order to your sales broker/representative to facilitate the ordering process. You can also fax or email your order directly to Gum Technology at 520-888-5585 (fax), or orders @ gumtech .com.
- When your order has been received, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours about your order. This can include a faxed or emailed confirmation or questions we may have for you that need to be answered before your order can be processed.
Please make sure the following information is included in your purchase order:
- PO Number
- Billing & shipping information
- Order contact person and phone/email
- Date needed
- Preferred shipping method and instructions
- Product name and quantity needed
- Any order requirements (CoA, Kosher certificate, MSDS, etc.).
Please feel free to use our courtesy purchase order template if needed.
We want to make certain that we have all the correct information and order requirements you need, so telephone orders will not be accepted. Faxing or emailing your order will ensure that you receive exactly the product and associated paperwork you need. However, if you have questions about your order or how to place an order, you are always welcome to call.
Please note that rush orders (less than 24 hour notice) for shipping stock items will incur an additional $60 fee.
Questions? Call our Toll Free phone # 1.800.369.4867
We stock different items at our warehouses. If long term projections are provided, material can be moved from one warehouse to another for easier pick up or shipping.
- Clinton Universal: Newark, NJ 07108
- J&K Ingredients: Paterson, NJ 07524
- Healthy Times: Chino, CA 91710
- PacMoore Products, Inc.: Hammond, IN 46320
Your product can be shipped using one of several methods. Please indicate on your PO how you would like the material shipped.
- Pre-Pay and Add via UPS
- Collect, using your preferred shipper and account number
- Our preferred freight carriers (Harte-Hanks, JTS Logistic, Uncommon Carrier [east coast], G Force Logistics, Kart Brokerage, etc.)
- Pick up at warehouse (appointment required 24 hrs in advance)
Gum Technology will ship pallets with 30-40 pieces per pallet. All pallets are securely shrink wrapped. A typical single product pallet load is 30 cartons or 40 bags. This number can vary slightly. We can also ship mixed pallet loads.
When you have tested and approved a gum or gum blend for your application, request a quotation and provide estimated order quantities if available. Click here to request a quote.
- We have tiered pricing that is calculated based on "per order" quantities.
- Quotes will also provide information on lead times, FOB location, and pack size.
Due to Gum Technology's strict quality control standards, please understand that we cannot break open a carton or drum to send quantities that are smaller than the pack size.
Pack size depends on the product. Pack sizes can range from 25 lbs cartons to 200 lb. drums. The most common pack sizes are 55.12 lbs (25 kg), 50 lbs and 44.092 lbs (20 kg).
Apply for Credit
To apply for credit, please fill out our credit application and return it to Gum Technology.
- Terms are typically Net 30 upon credit approval.
- You can prepay via check, wire transfer, or Certified/Cashiers check or Money Order. We no longer accept credit cards.
Allow enough lead time for your order. Our raw materials are imported from various countries and are subject to customs, FDA clearance, and quality control testing. These factors require varying amounts of time.
- Rush orders (less than 24 hour notice) for shipping stock items will incur a $60 fee.
- Lead times range from 2 to 90 days depending on the product and quantity.
- Reduce your lead time substantially by providing us with long term projections.
- Please be aware that we must have projections or a contract to keep inventory on hand.
- For gum blends, lead times can be approximately 2-4 weeks. This includes blending time and quality control testing (we always send out each newly blended lot for independent Quality Control testing).
- When we have firm projections from you as guidance, we can then stock your specific product in our warehouses.
Click here to go to our Kosher certificates.
When your order has been shipped, your invoice will be mailed to you. Our terms are Net 30 days upon credit approval or pre-pay.
You have our assurance that we will do everything in our power to make certain that you receive quality product that is free from defects or impurities. However, if the unexpected arises due to shipping damages or extraordinary occurrences, please be assured that you have our full support in making sure that you get the product you want and need in time for your production schedules.
Return Policy for Damaged Goods/ Shipping Claims
If there is any damage to your product incurred during shipping, please let Gum Technology know immediately so we can help resolve this issue. If needed, we will send replacement product for any damaged and unusable goods to ensure that your needs are met. Please do not dispose of the goods without prior approval from Gum Technology. Often the trucker will need to inspect and photos will be needed. If the product shipped via pre-pay and add on our account number, Gum Technology will initiate a claim. If the product was shipped using your shipping account number or preferred shipper, Gum Technology will not have access to the account information, nor be allowed to file a claim on behalf of the customer; you will then need to initiate the claim. If you need to initiate the claim, we will be glad to supply you with any information required in a timely manner.
Return Policy for Unusable Goods
If the product is unusable due to any physical property or impurity, we will replace it with the shipping charges paid by Gum Technology. Please do not dispose of the goods without prior approval from Gum Technology. We will need photos and samples of the unusable product sent to our Quality Control department for analysis. In instances of product not meeting specifications, we will need a sample sent to our lab for comparison with our lot specific retention samples. If the product is out of spec, we will replace the product and the shipping charges will be paid by us.
Return Policy for Unneeded Goods
If you ordered the wrong material or over ordered, you may return sealed, unopened, uncompromised product to Gum Technology at a restocking fee, with shipping charges paid by you. Gum Technology must be notified within 10 business days of the customer’s receipt of product. Please contact Gum Technology for prior approval and instructions.