Keeping it Together- with Gum Technology at IFT Island Booth # 4132
(Chicago, Illinois) Visit with Gum Technology at the upcoming IFT Food Expo and problem solve texture issues, reduce melt time in frozen novelties and improve bakery mixes with new synergistic hydrocolloid stabilizing systems utilizing combinations of gums; gums with starches; and gums with fibers. We believe in helping you succeed in partnership with our problem solving expertise.
We have new problem solving solutions incorporating gums with starch; gums with soy fiber; and gums with citrus fiber.
Gums and Soy Fiber Working Together at the IFT
Gum Technology is expanding our product range yet again in order to bring additional problem solving solutions to food formulators. Coyote Brand® Soy Fiber is excellent at protecting and stabilizing dairy protein at low pH ranges (below 4.0). It also controls bubble size in carbonated beverages and improves carbonation shelf life; promotes aeration and stabilizes foam; and stabilizes emulsions while providing a creamy mouth-feel. Coyote Brand® Soy Fiber is non GMO IP.
In frozen novelties, a blend of soy fiber and tara gum will promote overrun and control ice crystal size. It also provides a creamy texture and improved melting properties. If fruit or other acidic components are added, it will also help protect the dairy protein in the acid environment.
For more on Coyote Brand® Soy Fiber and blends containing gums and soy fiber (called Coyote Fi™), Click here for a PDF.
Gums and Starches Working Together at the IFT
Utilize the best attributes of both gums and starches. Gum Technology’s complete Coyote Brand® GumPlete™ stabilizing systems reduce overall hydrocolloid usage levels, help maintain system integrity, and create a cleaner flavor release with great mouthfeel. The new systems work synergistically to create specific functionalities and textures, while also providing cost effective problem solving solutions.
Click here for more info on the GumPlete line
Featured Applications with Gums, Starches, Soy Fiber, and Citrus Fiber
- Gluten Free Brownies: Mimic the texture of a full gluten brownie, reduce dryness and provide structure. Click here for a PDF of the gluten free brownie recipe that utilizes Coyote Brand GumPlete SXCT-GF-707 (a synergistic blend of flours, xanthan gum, citrus fiber and tara gum).
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Impart a creamy texture, reduce ice crystallization, increase overrun, improve suspension and slow melting time. Click here for a PDF of the vanilla ice cream recipe that utilizes Coyote Brand GumPlete SSC-FN-612 (a synergistic blend of soy fiber and gum arabic).
- Lemon Lime Syrup: Stabilizes carbonation, preventing loss of effervescence; decreases the size of carbonation bubbles; and stabilizes head foam. Click here for a PDF of the lemon lime syrup recipe that utilizes Coyote Fi SA-0520 (a synergistic blend of modified food starch, soy fiber, tara gum and citrus fiber).
- Frozen Raspberry Confection: Creates a smooth and creamy texture; protects proteins in a high acid environment; and reduces ice crystal size. Click here for a PDF of the frozen raspberry confection recipe that utilizes Coyote Fi TS-0614 (a synergistic blend of tara gum and soy fiber).
- Vanilla Mousse: Improves aeration and emulsion and provides structure for whipped dessert. Click here for a PDF of the vanilla mousse recipe that utilizes Coyote Brand GumPlete SAC-DM-204 (a synergistic blend of native corn starch, gum arabic, carrageenan, xanthan gum and tara gum).
- Vegan Marshmallow: Provides structure in a gelatin free marshmallow; promotes aeration and stabilizes the air cells; improves consistency; and vegan and Kosher. Click here for a PDF of the vegan marshmallow recipe that utilizes Coyote Brand GumPlete SCS-CN-506 (a synergistic blend of soy fiber, carrageenan and modified food starch).
- Bake Stable Filling: Promotes bake stability; prevents filling from seeping into crust; imparts a clean flavor release; and natural ingredients. Click here for a PDF of the bake stable filling recipe that utilizes Coyote Brand GumPlete ST-FF-402 (a synergistic blend of tapioca starch and tara gum).
Upcoming Industry Event:
November 12-16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Link to the SupplySide West website
Hydro-Fi: The Next Generation of Texturizers
Gum Technology and Fiberstar have formed a collaboration to create Hydro-Fi, an all new line of texturizing ingredients for the food industry. Hydro-Fi ingredients combine Gum Technology’s Coyote Brand hydrocolloids with Fiberstar’s Citri-Fi citrus fiber. Hydro-Fi ingredients have been designed to provide innovative solutions for specific challenges in food formulation. For example, Hydro-Fi has been formulated to replace 50% of the eggs and reduce costs in cakes. In reduced fat ice cream and sorbet, Hydro-Fi reduces ice crystallization, improves texture, increases overrun and delays melting. Hydro-Fi also provides sauces with even suspension and emulsification and improves yield in meat products. Click here for more information
Guar Gum Replacements offer Product Improvement
(Tucson, Arizona) Dramatically rising Guar Gum costs have driven the development of guar replacements. Once the lowest priced, most widely used gum, Guar Gum has now become one of the more expensive hydrocolloids. Because of its former low cost, Guar Gum was often used instead of other gums that offered superior functionality and product improvement.
Coyote Brand® Tara Gum. Gum Technology has a new superior grade of Tara Gum available. Coyote Brand® Tara Gum is more easily dispersible than other Tara gums and has a lower bacterial load compared to other Tara Gums sold in the industry. Coyote Brand® Tara Gum is also more consistent from batch to batch due to modern, innovative continuous processing methods. More
Stay current and sign up for Gum Technology’s email newsletter.